Autor Thema: Khazar kaganate reenactment supplies  (Gelesen 6726 mal)

• Garde du Corps
Khazar kaganate reenactment supplies
« am: August 21, 2008, 11:59:59 Vormittag »
Moin!

I have a few questions about the khazars.
Is there anyone who knows something about the clothing and accesoiries of the Khazars?
About weaponry and so on I've found some good sites on the web.
The Khazar empire was a empire next to the Byzantine empire, and they where the first Jewish warriors known.
Artifacts and so on have been found in Russia, Denmark, sweden and more in those regions.
 Since I want to do more reenactment about my heritage (I'm jewish, but not a active or religious one), I would like to focus on Khazar reenactment.
It's known that they had their routes to sweden and Russia through the byzantine empire, and they also fought side to side with the varangians. Also there is little evidence that they probably defeated an Islamic army on it's way to Byzantine and the Rus area.
So the time period is the same, and they had their tied bands with Scandinavians, and Rus.
This is what I learned so far.

But if anyone knows good sites about clothing and accesoiries (jewellery, pouches, artwork and so on), I would really like to learn more about it.

(by the way, supposedly it's very real and possible, that the clothing looked somewhat like Rusvik clothes, except the wide trousers, they had somewhat more of a Arabic look).

Thanks for the efford in advance!

Ansgar ulfson.
Mortem effugere nemo potest.

Dagaz

• Gast
    • http://www.colluviogentium.nl/
Re: Khazar kaganate reenactment supplies
« Antwort #1 am: August 23, 2008, 10:50:00 Vormittag »
I have some pictures of Khazars finds.

picture 73 and 71 are a pair of belt buckels.
picture 393 is a axe head. ( something special for a Keiler frishling.)
picture 309 ia a kan.
Dead is more universal than live, Everybody dies but not everybody lives......

Dagaz

• Gast
    • http://www.colluviogentium.nl/
« Antwort #2 am: August 23, 2008, 10:51:49 Vormittag »
Two more.

Picture 308 is another kan.
and last picture 1303 is again a Axe head.... >:D >:D >:D
Dead is more universal than live, Everybody dies but not everybody lives......

Rork McBriday

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: August 23, 2008, 14:02:53 Nachmittag »
I've got some copies of the bysantian army and armies of medieval russia if youre interested?

By the way, this is a very informative website...
http://www.khazaria.com/

That means you are going to live in a yurte? ;)

• Garde du Corps
« Antwort #4 am: August 26, 2008, 23:41:05 Nachmittag »
Thank you, thank you, and yet, thank you again :D A yurt is perhaps a good option for cold and lonely winternights.. You can fit a lot of women in those  ;) Nice pictures! And the site is a very informative one. I've found some good and, I'm quite sure, authentic drawings of men's clothing. But I'm afraid not of any pants.. :)
Rork, about the copies you have, if it isn't a problem to e-mail those to me, I would like to have them :D
This is also a nice and good site for pictures of slavic, and nomadic-Turkish, and even Rus weapons and armour. Really nice swords and sabers, and even prettier bows! www.samarkandia.com If you can't get on the site immediately, try by using the google pictures machine for samarkandia. One question I have specific, if the nomadic shoes/boots on the site are authentic enough. I like them a lot!
Thank you and see you all soon!

Kweeeeeek!

Ansgar (or Yaakov? :D)
« Letzte Änderung: August 26, 2008, 23:43:58 Nachmittag von Ansgar Ulfson »
Mortem effugere nemo potest.